Pass required examinations.
1) National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Examination for Occupational Therapist (In order to verify your national score, you must go to the NBCOT website to obtain the Verification of Certification Request Form.)
2) Open book examination on the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code
The passing score for Occupational Therapy is 88%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
• Go to http://exam.drl.wi.gov
• Select: “ test launching ”
• Your instructor is “gsp”
• If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
• The exam is un-timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen.
• Do not click “done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
• Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
• Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to: DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov
If you fail the exam (score less than 88%), you must retake the exam by downloading the retake application HERE and submitting it along with a $75.00 retake fee to the Department. You will then be assigned another test.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. Statutes for the State of Wisconsin can be found HERE and the administrative code book for the profession can be found HERE.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
3) Oral examination (if needed). See Chapter OT 2.03, Wis. Admin. Code.
Exam Date Deadline Location
03/14/17 30 Days Prior DSPS
06/13/17 30 Days Prior DSPS
09/12/17 30 Days Prior DSPS
11/28/17 30 Days Prior DSPS
Testing Accommodations Forms
#1907 - Disability Modification Request Form for Examinations
#2349 – Requests for Modification of Examinations for Persons With Disabilities
#2350 – Professional Verification of Request for Modifications