Successfully complete the online open-book examination.
Online open-book examination on the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code. (required for all applicants) Password and ID will be received after application is reviewed.
The passing score for the Substance Abuse Professional Statutes and Rules exam is 76%.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. Statutes for the State of Wisconsin can be found HERE and the administrative code book for the profession can be found HERE.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
Follow these directions to take the statutes and rules exam. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
• Go to http://exam.drl.wi.gov
• Select: “ test launching ”
• Your instructor is “gsp”
• If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
• The exam is un-timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen.
• Do not click “done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
• Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
• Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to: DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov
To start the exam, you will need to agree to do your own work and not to copy or share this exam with others.
Click “done." Your exam will be scored and sent to DSPS, and you can print your feedback report.
If you fail a completed exam, you will need to download and mail in a retake application and pay a fee. A retake of the same exam will not be counted. Testing Accommodations Forms
- Disability Modification Request Form for Examinations#2349
– Requests for Modification of Examinations for Persons With Disabilities#2350
– Professional Verification of Request for Modifications