1) Complete education and certification by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
Successfully complete the academic requirements and supervised internship of an accredited educational program in occupational therapy.
2) Complete and submit the Application for a License to Practice Occupational Therapy including all required documentation and fee.
An applicant for permanent licensure may apply for a temporary certificate at the same time but must pay both fees and meet the following conditions:
(a) Be a graduate of an approved school and be scheduled to take the national certification examination or be awaiting examination results.
(b) Practice during the period of the temporary certificate shall be in consultation, at least monthly, with an occupational therapist who shall at least once each month endorse the activities of the person holding the temporary certificate.
3) Pass required examinations.
4) Re-Registration applicants must submit proof of continuing education
5) Board review of application (if applicable) for determination to grant credential.