Pass the Wisconsin State Laws exam and the National Board exams (Arts & Sciences).
The passing score for the Funeral Director state law exam is 75%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
• You cannot access the exam using a Mac computer.
• You must use Internet Explorer as your browser.
• Go to http://exam.drl.wi.gov
• Select: “Test Launching ”
• Your instructor is “gsp”
• If you are unable to access the exam, try again later. Refresh your Internet Explorer browser.
• The exam is un-timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen.
• Do not click “done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
• Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
• Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to: DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov
If you are using a newer version of Internet Explorer and receive an error message, please use the following steps to make your browser compatible with our testing software:
1) Select ‘Tools’ in the menu bar.
2) Select ‘Compatibility View Settings.’
3) Press the ‘Add’ button in the gray window that appears.
4) Close the gray window and refresh your exam page.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. The exam will cover the following topics:
Chapter 49 - Public Assistance
Chapter 69 - Collection of Statistics
Chapter 157 - Disposition of Human Remains
Chapter 252 - Communicable Diseases
Chapter 346 - Rules of the Road
Chapter 347 - Equipment of Vehicles
Chapter 440 - Department of Safety & Professional Services
Chapter 445 - Funeral Directors
Chapter 630 - General Public Policy Provisions
Chapter 632 - Insurance Contracts in Specific Lines
Chapter 943 - Crimes - Property
Chapter 979 - Investigation of Deaths
FD 1 - Licenses and Permits
FD 2 - Standards of Practice
FD 3 - Rules of Conduct
FD 4 - Continuing Education Requirements
HSS 135 - Human Corpses and Stillbirths