Pass the Wisconsin State Laws exam and the National Board exams (Arts & Sciences).
The passing score for the Funeral Director state law exam is 75%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
• Go to http://exam.drl.wi.gov
• Select: “Test Launching ”
• Your instructor is “gsp”
• If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
• The exam is un-timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen.
• Do not click “done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
• Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
• Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to: DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov
If you fail the exam, you must retake the exam by downloading the retake application HERE and submitting it along with a $75.00 retake fee to the Department. You will then be assigned another test.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. The
exam will cover the following topics:
Funeral Directors Examining Board Statutes and Administrative Rules
Chapter 49 - Public Assistance
Chapter 69 - Collection of Statistics
Chapter 157 - Disposition of Human Remains
Chapter 252 - Communicable Diseases
Chapter 346 - Rules of the Road
Chapter 347 - Equipment of Vehicles
Chapter 630 - General Public Policy Provisions
Chapter 632 - Insurance Contracts in Specific Lines
Chapter 943 - Crimes - Property
Chapter 979 - Investigation of Deaths
HSS 135 - Human Corpses and Stillbirths