Successful completion of the Wisconsin Statutes and Rules examination and either the NCE, the NCMHCE or the CRCE.
PLEASE NOTE: Our department does not authorize applicants to take the NCE. NBCC is a separate entity. If you have registrations questions, please contact NBCC at nbcc.org or 336-547-0607.
The passing score for Professional Counselor is 85%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. Statutes for the State of Wisconsin can be found HERE and the administrative code book for the profession can be found HERE.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
• You cannot access the entire exam using a Mac computer.
• You must use internet explorer as your browser.
• Go to http://exam.drl.wi.gov
• Select: “ test launching ”
• Your instructor is “dft”
• If you are unable to access the exam, try again later. Refresh your internet explorer browser.
• The exam is un-timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen.
• Do not click “done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
• Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
• Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to: DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov
If you are using a newer version of Internet Explorer and receive an error message, please use the following steps to make your browser compatible with our testing software:
1) Select ‘Tools’ in the menu bar.
2) Select ‘Compatibility View Settings.’
3) Press the ‘Add’ button in the gray window that appears.
4) Close the gray window and refresh your exam page.
Please click on the following links for information concerning the NCE or the CRCE.
NOTE: Candidates requiring special accommodations must directly contact the NBCC. To do so, please submit a written special accommodations request along with your registration application.