Welcome to the Professional Assistance Procedure (PAP) home page.
A professional credential is no protection against chemical dependency! It is estimated that at least 1 in 10 people in this country are experiencing serious problems as a result of drug use.
- PAP is a CONFIDENTIAL program for chemically impaired professionals.
- For the majority of chemically dependent professionals, there is now an opportunity to seek treatment without losing their professional credentials.
- PAP promotes early identification of chemically dependent professionals and encourages their rehabilitation.
- PAP offers participants an opportunity to obtain treatment for chemical dependency while ensuring that immediate action can be taken should a participant relapse or drop out of treatment. Participation in PAP will not exempt the professional from discipline.
- PAP does not provide treatment, but monitors participants’ progress in treatment with an approved treatment provider.
- If you or someone you know is a credentialed professional and is having problems with alcohol or other drugs, the Professional Assistance Procedure (PAP) may be the answer. Timely and effective treatment can save the professionals career and even their life.
Click on one of the links below for more information:
2652DLSC PAP Self Report 082014
2654DLSC PAP Application 082014
2657DLSC PAP Instructions 022016
2656DLSC PAP Therapy Report 082014
2655 DLSC PAP Work Supervisor Report 082014
Department of Safety and Professional Services
Professional Assistance Procedure
PO Box 8935
Madison, WI 53708-8935
Phone: (608) 267-3817
Fax: (608) 266-2264