Forms & Publications
Fire Prevention Newsletters
IS Div Programs
Explanation of Fire Department Dues Payments
The Industry Services Division (IS) of the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) is arranging payments to municipalities under the Wisconsin Two-Percent Fire Dues Payments Program. As in past years, Current Year Distribution planned for each municipality is available. The list is first sorted alphabetically by county, and then, within the county, alphabetically in turn by towns, villages and cities. The amount of the check sent to the municipal treasurer is found under “Current Year Distribution.” This online list replaces the mailings that were done in the past to announce the amounts of the payments. If there are questions concerning the list, contact DSPSSBFireDues@Wisconsin.gov.
Wisconsin's Fire Program Online System
The Wisconsin Fire Program Online System is the only means of completing the self-certification process.
- Link to the Wisconsin's Fire Program Online System, here.
- Chiefs are able to view the information IS has about their fire department and the municipalities they serve. Clerks can view the information IS has about their municipality and the fire department(s) that serve it. Changes to the information can be made at anytime. Some of the information participants will be able to change directly, while for other points they will need to contact the IS Fire Prevention Program by email to complete changes.
- Please double-check the listed email. If it is incorrect or not listed, be sure to change it to the email which should be used for Two-Percent Fire Dues correspondence.
- Registration of all fire chiefs and municipal clerks is required use the online system for the Two-Percent Fire Dues Self Certification process. Registration is a two-part process requiring a distinct email address for each user.
- Registration Instructions and question/answer page for Wisconsin's Fire Program Online Identification System.
An email is sent to let chiefs and clerks know when it is time to complete their portion of the electronic certification process. Chiefs and clerks are able to view the status of each party's participation at all times. Upon successful completion by chiefs or clerks of their part of the process, an email will be sent to the other party to remind them to complete their portion. Upon successful completion by both parties, the program will provide an option to print a copy of the completed Self-Certification for Two-Percent Fire Dues form.
2% Dues Questions and Answers
2% Fire Dues Uses
Fire Dues Email Update List – for news and alerts relating specifically to the 2% Fire Dues Fund (self-certification process, audits, and acceptable 2% expenditures). If you are interested in subscribing to the 2% Fire Dues updates, please use this link.