As of April 12, 2021, the Electronic Safety and Licensing Application (eSLA) is live for POWTS? Plan Review. Customers must use eSLA to submit plan? reviews/permits, as well as search the Public Lookup for this program area?.
to get started, or go to the Customer Information
page for instructions on first-time login.
The Division of Industry Services provides required plan review for new system installations and/or replacements or additions to existing POWTS treatment, holding, or dispersal component.
Plumbing Product Approval
Visit Public Lookup on eSLA to find approvals for Plumbing Products
Where to Submit Plans
Delegated Plan Review Agents
Plans Which can only be Submitted to Industry Services
- POWTS owned by the state; facilities owned by the state and served by POWTS;
- POWTS that will not completely utilize a component manual or approved plumbing products; designs which do not utilize an approved component manual (called "Individual Site Designs"), and experiments.
Plans Which can be Submitted to Industry Services or a Designated Agent
- POWTS that completely designed according to a component manual or are approved plumbing products. (Designs which do not utilize an approved component manual are called "Individual Site Designs.)
- Holding tanks that have a product approval and comply with a component manual.
Plan Submissions Which Should go to the Local Governmental Unit
- POWTS that serve a single one- or two-family dwelling utilizing an approved component manual and gravity distribution to an in-ground distribution cell.
Is Inspection Involved?
Counties have the primary responsibility to inspect POWTS, with the exception of state-owned projects.
Plan Submittal Questions
Please email your questions to DspsSbPlanSchedule@wi.gov.
POWTS Standard Plan Pages Table of Contents