Links to the Statutes and Administrative Code can be found in the Additional Resources section on this page. Questions may be directed to the Board's Executive Director, Erin Karow, at (608) 266-2112.
For information regarding the National Exam, please contact
NASBA. To transfer national exam scores from Wisconsin to another state, please visit
https://www.nasbastore.org/ and look for score transfer information under the CPA Exam Products section. Candidates are eligible to take the exam after they complete the education requirements according to
Wis. Stats. § 442.04(5)(b)4.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. Statutes for the State of Wisconsin can be found
HERE and the administrative code book for the profession can be found
- Go to
- Select "Test Launching."
- Your instructor is "dft."
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the "X" at the top right-hand corner of any screen. You will need to re-log in identically to the way you initially logged in to be able to pick up where you left off.
- Do not click "Done" until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- Chapter 440
- Chapter 442
- Chapter ACCY 1-6
- Chapter SPS 1-9
If you score less than 80%, you must retake the exam. Submit a Request to Retake Statutes and Rules or Ethics Examination (Form #2699) with the fee. You will be assigned to a new exam. Please note that there is only ONE best correct answer for each question.