Chapter SPS 82.01 requires the passing of a national examination and a state examination on Wisconsin statutes and rules governing appraisers for all appraiser licensure and certifications.
Wisconsin Online Test for Appraisers
Print out these instructions and read them carefully before beginning the exam. An outline of the content for the exam can be found below. The exam cannot be taken on a Mac (Macintosh) computer. The passing score for the exam is 81.5% and scores are valid no more than 24 months.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. A link to related Statutes and Administrative Code can be found in the Additional Resources section of this page.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- Chapter 440
- Chapter 458
- SPS 85
- SPS 86
- SPS 87
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select “Test Launching" from the drop-down menu and click on “Start.”
- Select your instructor as “dft” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the test name and password. These are sent to you after an application is submitted to the Department.
- Click on “Login”
- Enter your student ID which is your applicant ID number, and your name.
- Click on “Start Test Session.”
- The test is not timed, and you may exit and return as often as you like. To exit and return later to the exam, click on the “X” at the upper right corner of the computer screen. Do not click “Done” until you have completed the exam and are ready to submit your exam for scoring.
- You can go back and forth to questions, and change your answers by clicking the appropriate arrows on each exam question screen. There is only one correct answer for each question.
- After you select “Done," your score is immediately calculated and will automatically be submitted to the Department. Your score will be posted to your online checklist in about 5 working days.
If you are using a newer version of Internet Explorer and receive an error message, please use the following steps to make your browser compatible with our testing software:
- Select ‘Tools’ in the menu bar.
- Select ‘Compatibility View Settings.'
- Press the ‘Add’ button in the gray window that appears.
- Close the gray window and refresh your exam page.
If you fail the exam, you must retake the exam by downloading the retake application
Form #2699, and submitting it along with the retake fee to the Department. You will then be assigned another test.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov.