Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.60, no person may inspect a boiler or pressure vessel for the purpose of determining compliance with Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 341 or submit an inspection report to the Department documenting compliance or noncompliance with Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 341 unless the person holds a certification issued by the Department as a certified Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector or a certified in-service field inspector working under the general supervision of a certified Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector who has assumed responsibility for the inspection or the report.
A person who inspects boilers and pressure vessels as a certified Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector shall:
- Maintain a record of the inspections made including the dates and the findings of the inspections;
- Provide a copy of the inspection report to the property owner or his or her agent;
- Make available to the Department upon request or as required under Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 341, his or her inspection records.
Application for License
|3120||Application for Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification|
|3073||Trades Payment Form|
Reinstate a Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification that has been Expired more than 4 Years
- Pass the competency examination by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
- Complete degree or experience requirements (see Form 3120 for more information).
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for Boiler-Pressure Vessel Certification (Form 3120)
- See Form 3120 for total fee ($15.00 application fee, $120.00 prorated credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)