Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.60, no person may inspect a boiler or pressure vessel for the purpose of determining compliance with Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 341 or submit an inspection report to the Department documenting compliance or noncompliance with Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 341 unless the person holds a certification issued by the Department as a certified Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector or a certified in-service field inspector working under the general supervision of a certified Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector who has assumed responsibility for the inspection or the report.
A person who inspects boilers and pressure vessels as a certified Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector shall:
- Maintain a record of the inspections made including the dates and the findings of the inspections;
- Provide a copy of the inspection report to the property owner or his or her agent;
- Make available to the Department upon request or as required under Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 341, his or her inspection records.
Application for License
|3120||Application for Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification|
|3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification that has been Expired more than 4 Years
- Pass the competency examination by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
- Complete degree or experience requirements (see Form #3120 for more information).
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for Boiler-Pressure Vessel Certification (Form #3120)
- See Form #3120 for total fee ($15.00 application fee, $120.00 prorated credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)