Please be advised that any exams for this license taken on or after May 16th, 2018 will include the most updated version of the Commercial Building Code. For more information on the code update, please click here.
Per Wis. Admin. Code § 305.61, a person who holds a certification issued by the Department as a certified Commercial Building Inspector may conduct inspections of public buildings and places of employment for the purpose of administering and enforcing the Commercial Building Code, Wis. Admin. Code chs. SPS 361-366, and Wis. Admin. Code chs. SPS 375-379.
A person who inspects public buildings and places of employment as a certified Commercial Building Inspector shall:
- Maintain a record of the inspections made including the dates and the findings of the inspections;
- Provide a copy of the inspection report to the owner of the property or his or her agent;
- Make available to the Department upon request his or her inspection records.
Application for License
|3147||Application for Commercial Building Inspector Certification|
|3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a Commercial Building Inspector Certification that has been Expired more than 4 Years
- Complete requirements for the method you are applying under (see Form #3147 for more information).
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for Commercial Building Inspector Certification (Form #3147)
- See Form #3147 for total fee for the method you are applying under