Please note as of August 1, 2018 an updated SPS 316 will go into effect. While the requirements in the 2011 NEC will be effective until Jan. 1 of 2020 for one and two family dwellings, all Electrical Exams will change to reflect the updated SPS 316 and the 2017 NEC.
Per Wis. Admin. Code. § SPS 305.62, no person may conduct the inspection of electrical wiring in public buildings and places of employment for the purpose of administering and enforcing Wis. Admin. Code ch. SPS 316 unless the person holds a credential issued by the Department as a certified Commercial Electrical Inspector. A person holding a Commercial Electrical Inspector certification can inspect one- and two-family dwellings.
A person who inspects electrical construction work as a certified Commercial Electrical Inspector shall:
- Maintain a record of the inspections made including the dates and the findings of the inspections;
- Provide a copy of the inspection report to the property owner or his or her agent;
- Make available to the Department upon request his or her inspection records.
Application for License
3148||Application for Commercial Electrical Inspector Certification|
3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a Commercial Electrical Inspector Certification that has been Expired more than 4 Years
- Complete requirements for the method you are applying under (see Form #3148 for more information).
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for Commercial Electrical Inspector Certification (Form #3148)
- See Form #3148 for total fee for the method you are applying under