The Electronic Safety and Licensing Application (eSLA) is now live for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier. Public Lookup is also live for this credential in eSLA.
Every first-time eSLA user must create a new account by clicking one of the two options under the "New Users" heading on the left. Once you have created your account, you will be able to log in under the "Existing Users" heading on the right. Visit esla.wi.gov to get started.
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.31, no person may obtain a building permit for a one- and two-family dwelling unless the person complies with all of the following, except as provided under
Wis. Stats. § 101.654(1)(b) and
- Holds a Dwelling Contractor certification or a Dwelling Contractor Restricted certification issued by the Department;
- Holds or engages, as an employee, a person who holds a certification issued by the Department as a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier.
Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Online Application via eSLA
A person applying for a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier certification shall have completed at least 12 hours in an approved initial qualifier course in dwelling construction within one year prior to the date of application.
Please see the list of Approved
Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Initial Qualifier Courses.
Application for Licensure
3097||Application for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification|
3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification that has been Expired more than 2 Years
- Complete initial qualifier course in dwelling construction within one year prior to the date of application.
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification (Form #3097)
- $70.00 total fee ($15.00 application fee, $30.00 credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)