Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.31, no person may obtain a building permit for a one- and two-family dwelling unless the person complies with all of the following, except as provided under Wis. Stats. § 101.654(1)(b) and (1)(c)(2):
- Holds a Dwelling Contractor certification or a Dwelling Contractor Restricted certification issued by the Department;
- Holds or engages, as an employee, a person who holds a certification issued by the Department as a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier.
A person applying for a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier certification shall have completed at least 12 hours in an approved initial qualifier course in dwelling construction within one year prior to the date of application.
Please see the list of Approved Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Initial Qualifier Courses.
Application for Licensure
|3097||Application for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification|
|3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification that has been Expired more than 2 Years
- Complete initial qualifier course in dwelling construction within one year prior to the date of application.
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification (Form #3097)
- $70.00 total fee ($15.00 application fee, $30.00 credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)