Pass the Wisconsin State Laws exam and the National Board exams (Arts & Sciences).
The passing score for the Funeral Director state law exam is 75%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession.
The exam will cover the following topics:
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select “Test Launching.”
- Your instructor is “gsp.”
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right-hand corner of any screen.
- Do not click “Done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
If you fail the exam, you must retake the exam by downloading the Request to Retake Statutes and Rules or Ethics Examination (Form 2699) and submitting it along with a $75.00 retake fee to the Department. You will then be assigned another test.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to