Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.70, no person, entity or business may engage or offer to engage in installing or servicing heating, ventilating or air conditioning equipment unless the person, entity or business holds a registration issued by the Department as a registered HVAC Contractor.
A person, entity or business is not required to hold a registration as a registered HVAC Contractor for the following:
- To service existing heating, ventilating or air conditioning equipment within facilities or properties owned by the person, entity or business. for electrical or plumbing work associated with the installation or servicing of HVAC equipment or systems;
- To install or service heating, ventilating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment within a dwelling owned by the person, entity, or business and in which the person, entity, or business resides or will reside;
- For electrical or plumbing work associated with the installation or servicing of the HVAC equipment or systems.
Application for License
|3121||Application for HVAC Contractor Registration|
|3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate an HVAC Contractor Registration that has been Expired more than 4 Years
Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for HVAC Contractor Registration (Form #3121)
- $200.00 total fee ($15.00 application fee, $160.00 credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)