Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.629, no person or municipality may engage in or offer to engage in providing plan review, permit issuance, or inspections regarding electrical wiring under the scope of
ch. SPS 316 unless the person or municipality holds a registration from the Department as a registered inspection agency.
A person or municipality who is responsible for facilitating plan review, permit issuance, or inspection regarding electrical wiring under ch. SPS 316 as a registered inspection agency shall be responsible for all of the following:
- Utilizing persons appropriately certified under
§ SPS 305.62 to conduct the inspections.
- Maintaining a record of the electrical permits issued under
§ SPS 316.012.
- Making the records relative to permit issuance and inspections available to the Department upon request.
- Providing inspection services for all inspections required under
§ SPS 316.013.
- Cooperating with the Department in any program monitoring, enforcement activities, and investigations related to electrical wiring under the scope of ch. SPS 316.
- Following all procedures established by the Department for enforcement.
Application for License
Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.629(2), a person applying for an inspection agency registration shall submit all of the following:
- An application in accordance with § SPS 305.01.
- An application fee and registration fee in accordance with § SPS 305.02, Table 305.02.
Application for Inspection Agency Registration |
Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.629(3), the person applying for an inspection agency registration shall be one of the following:
- If a municipality, the department head of the agency administering the electrical program.
- If not a municipality, the owner of the business, a partner in the business applying on behalf of a partnership, or the chairman of the board or chief executive officer applying on behalf of a corporation.