Liquefied Gas Supplier

License Information

Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.73, no person may engage in the business of filling containers with liquefied petroleum gas that is intended to be used directly from the containers as fuel, unless the person holds a license issued by the Department as a licensed Liquefied Gas Supplier or Liquefied Gas Supplier Restricted, except as provided under either of the following conditions:

  • The business is engaged in only filling containers that have a water capacity of less than 4 pounds.
  • The filling of the containers with liquefied petroleum gas is for the person's or the entity's own use.

A person who holds a Liquefied Gas Supplier license shall:

  • Maintain commercial general liability insurance as specified in Wis. Stats. §101.16 (3r)(a).
  • Notify the Department at least 60 days before cancelling, revoking, suspending, or failing to renew the insurance.
  • Provide written information notices to customers in accordance with Wis. Stats. § 101.16 (4)(c).

Application for License

3123Application for Liquefied Gas Supplier License
3073​Trades Payment Form
​Reinstate a Liquefied Gas Supplier License that has been Expired more than 4 Years

Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:

  • Application for Liquefied Gas Supplier License (Form #3123)
  • $100.00 total fee ($15.00 application fee $60.00 credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)

Renewal Information


  • FEE (See Renewal Dates and Fees)
  • Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance

Renewal Method

  • Mail Renewal Postcard/Application to: 

Department of Safety and Professional Services

Trades Credentialing Unit
PO Box 78780
Milwaukee, WI  53293-0780

If you have questions regarding your renewal, please email

When mailing your renewal, please allow 21 calendar days [per Wis. Admin. Code SPS 305.04 (1)] from the date your payment is processed to receive an update regarding your renewal.