Passing the Wisconsin Statutes and Rules Examination and the Association of the Marital and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB) Examination.
The passing score for Marriage and Family Therapy is 85%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. State of Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code can be found under the Additional Resources section on this page.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- MPSW 16
- MPSW 17
- MPSW 19
- MPSW 20
- Chapter 48
- Chapter 51
- Chapter 55
- Chapter 146
- Chapter 457
- Chapter 948
- You cannot access the entire exam using a Mac computer.
- You must use Internet Explorer as your web browser.
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select "Test Launching."
- Your instructor is "dft."
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your Internet Explorer web browser.
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the "X" at the top right-hand corner of any screen.
- Do not click "Done" unitl you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
If you are using a newver version of Internet Explorer and receive an error message, please follow the steps below to make your browser compatible with our testing software:
- Select "Tools" in the menu bar.
- Select "Compatibility View Settings."
- Press the "Add" button in the gray window that appears.
- Close the gray window and refresh your exam page.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to
National Testing Dates
Information on upcoming national testing dates can be found on the
Association of Marital & Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB) site.
Testing Accommodations Forms
1907||Disability Modification Request Form for Examinations|
2349||Requests for Modification of Examinations for Persons With Disabilities|
2350||Professional Verification of Request for Modifications|