Pass the following required examinations:
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Examination for Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Open-Book Examination on the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code
- Oral Examination (if needed)
NBCOT Examination for Occupational Therapy Assistant
In order to verify your national score, you must go to the
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) site to obtain the Verification of Certification Request Form.
Open-Book Examination on the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code
The passing score for Occupational Therapy Assistant is 88%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. Statutes for the State of Wisconsin and the Administrative Code book for the profession can be found in the sidebar on the right.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- OT 1-5
- Med 10
- Chapter 252
- Chapter 440
- Chapter 448
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select: “ test launching ”
- Your instructor is “gsp”
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
- The exam is un-timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen.
- Do not click “done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
If you fail the exam (score less than 88%), you must retake the exam by downloading the retake application HERE and submitting it along with a $75.00 retake fee to the Department. You will then be assigned another test.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to
Oral Examination must only be completed if needed. See OT 2.03(2), Wis. Admin. Code.
OTA Oral Exam Dates
|11/27/18||30 Days Prior||DSPS|
|03/12/19||30 Days Prior||DSPS|
|06/11/19||30 Days Prior||DSPS|
|09/10/19||30 Days Prior||DSPS|
|11/19/19||30 Days Prior||DSPS|
Testing Accommodations Forms
1907||Disability Modification Request Form for Examinations|
2349||Requests for Modification of Examinations for Persons With Disabilities|
2350||Professional Verification of Request for Modifications|