License Information

Per Wis. Stat. § 145.06, no person may engage in or work at plumbing in the state unless licensed to do so by the Department.

Per Wis. Admin. Code. § SPS 305.98, pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 145.07 (11), a person who holds a registration as a registered Pipelayer may install or modify water services, private water mains, sanitary building sewers, storm building sewers, or private interceptor main sewers under the general supervision of a licensed Utility Contractor, licensed Master Plumber, or a licensed Master Plumber Restricted Service.

Application for License

3132Application for Pipelayer Registration
3073Trades​ Payment Form

Reinstate a Pipelayer Registration that has been Expired more than 4 Years

Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:

  • Application for Pipelayer​ Registration (Form 3132)
  • See Form 3132 for total fee ($15.00 application fee, $180.00 prorated credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)

Renewal Information


  • FEE (See Renewal Dates and Fees)

Renewal Methods

Department of Safety and Professional Services

Trades Credentialing Unit
PO Box 78780
Milwaukee, WI  53293-0780

If you have questions regarding your renewal, please email DSPSCredTrades@wisconsin.gov.

When mailing your renewal, please allow up to 21 calendar days [per Wis. Admin. Code §​ SPS 305.04 (1)] from the date your payment is processed to receive an update regarding your renewal.