The Electronic Safety and Licensing Application (eSLA) is now live for UDC Inspection Agency. Public Lookup is also live for this credential in eSLA.
Every first-time eSLA user must create a new account by clicking one of the two options under the "New Users" heading on the left. Once you have created your account, you will be able to log in under the "Existing Users" heading on the right. Visit
esla.wi.gov to get started.
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.635, no person may engage in or offer to engage in the activities of facilitating plan review, issuance of Wisconsin uniform building permits, or inspection of one- and two-family dwellings in a municipality where the Department has jurisdiction pursuant to
Wis Stat. § 101.651(3)(b), unless the person obtains a registration issued by the Department as a registered UDC Inspection Agency.
A person who is responsible for facilitating plan review, issuance of Wisconsin uniform building permits, and the inspections for one- and two-family dwellings as a registered UDC Inspection Agency shall be responsible for all of the following:
- Utilizing persons appropriately certified under
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.63 to review the plans, issue the permits, and conduct the inspections.
- Making the records relative to the plan review, issuance of permits, and inspections available to the Department, upon request.
- Providing inspection services for all inspections required under
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 320.10.
- Cooperating with the Department in any program monitoring, enforcement activities, and investigations.
- Following all procedures established by the Department for UDC enforcement by inspection agencies.
- Reporting to the Department in writing when the agency has been dismissed by the owner or builder.
- Making any records associated with their permit, plan review, and inspection activities available to the permit holder upon request.
UDC Inspection Agency Online Application via eSLA
Application for License
3158||Application for UDC Inspection Agency Registration|
3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a UDC Inspection Agency Registration that has been Expired more than 4 Years
Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
Application for UDC Inspection Agency Registration (Form #3158)
$80.00 total fee ($15.00 application fee, $40.00 credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)