Now Live for Trades Credentials and Renewals!
All initial, reinstatement, and renewal applications for a Trades credential must now be made through
LicensE, your online, self-guided licensing platform.
- To apply for a license or renew your license, go to license.wi.gov.
- For those renewing in LicensE for the first time or looking for more information about LicensE, including exams, refer to the “Trades LicensE Information" document.
- Please review the
LicensE Applicant User Guide for help.
- If you are having trouble with anything, please submit a support ticket at this link. Please provide complete contact information and a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.635, no person may engage in or offer to engage in the activities of facilitating plan review, issuance of Wisconsin uniform building permits, or inspection of one- and two-family dwellings in a municipality where the Department has jurisdiction pursuant to
Wis. Stat. § 101.651(3)(b), unless the person obtains a registration issued by the Department as a registered UDC Inspection Agency.
A person who is responsible for facilitating plan review, issuance of Wisconsin uniform building permits, and the inspections for one- and two-family dwellings as a registered UDC Inspection Agency shall be responsible for all of the following:
- Utilizing persons appropriately certified under
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.63 to review the plans, issue the permits, and conduct the inspections.
- Making the records relative to the plan review, issuance of permits, and inspections available to the Department, upon request.
- Providing inspection services for all inspections required under
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 320.10.
- Cooperating with the Department in any program monitoring, enforcement activities, and investigations.
- Following all procedures established by the Department for UDC enforcement by inspection agencies.
- Reporting to the Department in writing when the agency has been dismissed by the owner or builder.
- Making any records associated with their permit, plan review, and inspection activities available to the permit holder upon request.
|UDC Inspection Agency Registration Application Information
|Trades LicensE Information