Per Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 305.31, no person may obtain a building permit for a one- and two-family dwelling unless the person complies with all of the following, except as provided under Wis. Stats. § 101.654(1)(b) and (1)(c)(2):
- Holds a Dwelling Contractor certification or a Dwelling Contractor Restricted certification issued by the Department;
- Holds or engages, as an employee, a person who holds a certification issued by the Department as a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier.
A person applying for a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier certification shall have completed at least 12 hours in an approved initial qualifier course in dwelling construction within one year prior to the date of application.
A list of approved Dwelling Contractor Qualifier initial qualifier courses can be found here DCQ-Initial-Qualifier-courses.pdf
Application for Licensure
|3097||Application for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification|
|3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification that has been Expired more than 2 Years
- Complete initial qualifier course in dwelling construction within one year prior to the date of application.
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification (Form #3097)
- $70.00 total fee ($15.00 application fee, $30.00 credential fee, and $25.00 late renewal fee)