Examining Board of Professional Geologists, Hydrologists and Soil Scientists Position Statements

​Are There Regulations Concerning Firms, Partnerships, or Corporations that Practice Professional Geology, Hydrology, or Soil Science?

Yes, Wis. Stat. § 470.045 outlines the regulations regarding firms, partnerships and corporations. All employees of the firm, partnership or corporation that are offering services in professional geology, hydrology and soil science must be licensed by the Wisconsin Examining Board of Professional Geologists, Hydrologists, and Soil Scientists. Also, the firm, partnership, or corporation must have been issued a certificate of authorization. Applicants for certification of authorization must fill out Form 2404 and submit to the Department of Safety and Professional Services, PO Box 8935, Madison, WI 53708-8935.

Can a Firm, Partnership, or Corporation be Reprimanded for the Actions of its Employees?

Yes. Per Wis. Stat. § 470.045(4), the firm, partnership, or corporation is responsible for the conduct of its employees. Disciplinary actions that can be taken against the firm are outlined in Wis. Stat. § 470.08(3).