The passing score for Advanced Practice Nurse Prescribers is 85%. You will be given your exam name, password, and student ID number after you submit your application and are entered into our system. The information will be provided to you on your online application status.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. Statutes for the State of Wisconsin and the Administrative Code book for the profession can be found in the sidebar on the right.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select “Test Launching.”
- Your instructor is “gsp.”
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
- The exam is un-timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen. There is only one correct answer for each question.
- Do not click “done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
If you fail the exam, you must retake the exam by downloading the Request to Retake Statutes and Rules or Ethics Examination (Form 2699) and submitting it along with a $75.00 retake fee to the Department. You will then be assigned another test.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov.