Architects must now affirm at the time of renewal to having completed 24 hours of continuing education, including 16 hours related to health, safety and welfare topics, every two years.
Continuing education may be obtained though the following providers:
- American Institute of Architects
- Constructions Specifications Institute
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Accredited colleges, universities or other educational institutions and schools of architecture
- Other technical or professional societies or similar organizations devoted to architectural education, design or construction technology education
Biennium from 8/1/even - 7/31/even year.
Note for New License Holders in their First Licensing Biennium Only
You are required to complete 8 hours of continuing education if this is your first renewal and your license was issued between 6/2/2016 and 7/31/2017. If your license was issued on or after 8/1/2017, you are not required to complete continuing education.
This pro-rated required amount of continuing education only applies to the first licensing biennium.