Pass the following required examinations:
National Dental Hygiene Examination
- Examination of a Regional Dental Testing Service Approved by the Board
- Effective January 1, 2009
- The Board accepts the following examinations for dental hygienists: CRDTS, WREB, CDCA, SRTA, ADEX, and CITA.
The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA)
Western Regional Examining Board (WREB)
COMBINED Regional Examination (CORE)
Central Regional Examination (CRDTS)
- Examination administered by another state board that is approved by that board.
- Open-book examination on the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code.
The passing score for Dental Hygiene is 85%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. Statutes for the State of Wisconsin and Administrative Codes for the profession can be found under the Additional Resources section on this page.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- DE 1
- DE 2
- DE 3
- DE 5
- DE 7
- DE 13
- SPS 2
- Chapter 440
- Chapter 447
- You cannot access the entire exam using a Mac computer.
- You must use Internet Explorer as your web browser.
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select "Test Launching."
- Your instructor is "gsp."
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your Internet Explorer browser.
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the "X" at the top right-hand corner of any screen.
- Do not click "Done" until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
If you are using a newer version of Internet Explorer and receive an error message, please follow the steps below to make your browser compatible with our testing software:
- Select "Tools" in the menu bar.
- Select "Compatibility View Settings."
- Press the "Add" button in the gray window that appears.
- Close the gray window and refresh your exam page.
Testing Accommodations Forms
1907||Disability Modification Request Form for Examinations|
2349||Requests for Modification of Examinations for Persons With Disabilities|
2350||Professional Verification of Request for Modifications|