Successful completion of the Wisconsin Statutes and Rules Examination and either the
Please note: Our department does not authorize applicants to take the NCE. NBCC is a separate entity. If you have registration questions, please contact
NBCC online or at (336) 547-0607.
Note: Candidates requiring special accommodations must directly contact the NBCC. To do so, please submit a written special accommodations request along with your registration application.
The passing score for Professional Counselor is 85%. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. State of Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code can be found under the Additional Resources section on this page.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- MPSW 1
- MPSW 11
- MPSW 12
- MPSW 14
- MPSW 20
- Chapter 51
- Chapter 55
- Chapter 146
- Chapter 457
- Chapter 948
- You cannot access the exam using a Mac computer.
- You must use Internet Explorer as your web browser.
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select "Test Launching."
- Your instructor is "dft."
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your Internet Explorer web browser.
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the "X" at the top right-hand corner of any screen.
- Do not click "Done" until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit the exam., just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
If you are using a newer version of Internet Explorer and receive an error message, please follow the steps below to make your browser compatible with our testing software:
- Select "Tools" in the menu bar.
- Select "Compatibility View Settings."
- Press the "Add" button in the gray window that appears.
- Close the gray window and refresh your exam page.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to