Complete the following required examination components:
- National Teachers Examination (NTE) Specialty Area Test for School Psychologist.
Board Review of Application and Determination of Eligibility to sit for Examination.
- For information concerning the national examination, please visit the
ETS Praxis site.
Note for Private Practice School Psychologists only: Candidates need to check with the Department of Public Instruction for PRAXIS II Subject Matter Specialty test dates and locations.
State Psychology Examination
The state written examination on the elements of practice essential to the public health, safety or welfare is a computer-based test on the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code relating to the practice of Psychology.
Applicants for a Psychologist license must receive a score of 80% to pass. Applicants for a Private Practice School Psychologist license must receive a score of 75% to pass.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. State of Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code for the profession can be found under the Additional Resources section on this page.
The test questions are drawn from the following Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code:
- PSY 1 - 10.53%
- PSY 2 – 1.32%
- PSY 4 – 18.42%
- PSY 5 – 68.32%
- Statute Chapter 51 – 1.32%
- You cannot access the entire exam using a Mac computer.
- You must use Internet Explorer as your browser.
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select "Test Launching."
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your Internet Explorer browser.
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right hand corner of any screen.
- Do not click “Done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
If you are using a newer version of Internet Explorer and receive an error message, please follow the steps below to make your browser compatible with our testing software:
- Select "Tools" in the menu bar.
- Select ‘Compatibility View Settings.’
- Press the ‘Add’ button in the gray window that appears.
- Close the gray window and refresh your exam page.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to: DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov
Testing Accommodations Forms
1907||Disability Modification Request Form for Examinations|
2349||Requests for Modification of Examinations for Persons With Disabilities|
2350||Professional Verification of Request for Modifications|