Complete the following required examination components:
- NCAC I National Examination Through NAADAC/NCCAP (www.naadac.org)
- Online Open-Book Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code Examination
Examinations may be taken after completion of education or before experience is completed.
Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code Examination
The online open-book examination is required unless it has been completed in the last 5 years.
The passing score for the Substance Abuse Professional is 76%.
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. State of Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code for the profession can be found under the Additional Resources section on this page.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- SPS 7
- SPS 164
- SPS 165
- SPS 166
- SPS 167
- Chapter 48
- Chapter 51
- Chapter 146
- Chapter 440
Follow these directions to take the statutes and rules exam. You will receive your exam name, password, and applicant ID which you will use as your student ID to take this test after you submit your application.
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select "Test Launching."
- Your instructor is “gsp.”
- If you are unable to access the exam, try again later or refresh your web browser.
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return to the test any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the “X” at the top right-hand corner of any screen.
- Do not click “Done” until you are ready to submit the exam. If you accidentally click done before you are ready to submit your exam, just go back in and start again. Your first score will be deleted.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records.
Agreement: To start the exam, you will need to agree to do your own work and not to copy or share this exam with others.
End exam: Click “Done." Your exam will be scored and sent to DSPS, and you can print your feedback report.
If you fail a completed exam, you must retake the exam by downloading the Request to Retake Statutes and Rules or Ethics Examination (Form 2699) and submitting it along with the fee. A retake of the same exam will not be counted.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to