The Electronic Safety and Licensing Application (eSLA) is now live for UDC Electrical Inspector. Public Lookup is also live for this credential in eSLA.
Every first-time eSLA user must create a new account by clicking one of the two options under the "New Users" heading on the left. Once you have created your account, you will be able to log in under the "Existing Users" heading on the right. Visit esla.wi.gov to get started.
Please note as of August 1, 2018 an updated SPS 316 will go into effect. While the requirements in the 2011 NEC will be effective until Jan. 1 of 2020 for one and two family dwellings, all Electrical Exams will change to reflect the updated SPS 316 and the 2017 NEC.
Wis. Admin. Code § 305.63, no person may conduct the inspection of one- and two-family dwellings for the purpose of administering and enforcing
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 316 and
Wis. Admin. Code § SPS 324 unless the person holds a certification issued by the Department as a certified UDC Electrical Inspector. A person who inspects one- and two-family dwellings as a certified UDC Electrical Inspector shall:
- Maintain a record of the inspections made including the dates and the findings of the inspections;
- Provide a copy of the inspection report to the property owner or his or her agent;
- Make available to the Department upon request his or her inspection records.
UDC Electrical Inspector Online Application via eSLA
Application for License
3156||Application for UDC Electrical Inspector Certification|
3073||Fax Payment Form|
Reinstate a UDC Electrical Inspector Certification that has been Expired more than 4 Years
- Complete requirements for the method you are applying under (see Form #3156 for more information).
- Submit an application, supporting documentation and fee:
- Application for UDC Electrical Inspector Certification (Form #3156)
- See Form #3156 for total fee for the method you are applying under