Licensees must complete 12 hours of continuing education (3 hours in Wisconsin laws relating to auctioneer ethical and professional conduct, and 9 hours in topics pertinent to the practice of auctioneering that shall be approved by the department biennially) in each two-year renewal cycle (biennium) by December 14 of the second year of the biennium. Education must be obtained from approved schools, must be the specific courses that are approved for that biennium and must include an exam that is passed. Continuing education courses from other states do not satisfy Wisconsin's requirements unless approved in Wisconsin. Test-Out option available in lieu of continuing education (see below).
Auctioneer Approved CE Courses
Note: Licensees do not have to complete Continuing Education if initially registered less than 6 months before the first renewal.
Biennium from 12/15/even– 12/14/even year.
Administrative Code for more details.
Forms for Educators
2582||Instructions for CE Questions|
CE Test-Out Option
Licensees may take a 45 question test-out examination by submitting the Application for Auctioneer Continuing Education Test-Out Examination (Form #2326) and the exam fee. The test-out examination may be retaken one time. Licensees unsuccessful after two tries must take the approved continuing education courses.
Wisconsin Auctioneer Online Continuing Education (CE) Test-Out Option
IMPORTANT: You must submit the Application for Auctioneer Continuing Education Test-out Examination (Form #2326) and the exam fee and receive authorization to test from the Department before you can take the online CE Test Out Examination.
Open book CE Test-Out Examination on the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code
The exam content is drawn from applicable state statutes and administrative code chapters specific to the profession. The purpose of the exam is to familiarize yourself with locating the statutes and administrative code that regulate the practice of the profession. See the State of Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code for the profession.
The state exam consists of material taken from the following statutes and code chapters:
- SPS 123
- SPS 124
- SPS 125
- SPS 126
- SPS 127
- Chapter 95
- Chapter Trans 138
- Chapter 402
- Chapter 480
- Tax 11
- Title 18
The passing score for auctioneer continuing education is 70%. Follow these directions to take the statutes and rules exam:
- Go to https://eptol.drl.wi.gov/.
- Select "Test Lauching" from the drop-down menu and click on "Start."
- Student ID – enter your license number.
- Instructor – enter "dft."
- Exam Name and Password (will receive via email after application and payment are processed).
- The exam is not timed. You may exit and return any time over the next 3 months. Exit by clicking the "X" at the top right-hand corner of any screen. Do not click "Done" until you have completed the exam and are ready to submit your exam for scoring.
- After you click "Done", your exam score is immediately calculated and will automatically be submitted to the Department.
- You can go back and forth to questions, and change your answers by clicking the appropriate arrows on each exam question screen. There is only one correct answer for each question.
- Print out a copy of your score report and retain it for your own records. This is a receipt of you having completed the exam and the continuing education requirement.
If you fail the exam (score less than 70%), you must retake the exam by downloading the exam application and submitting it along with the $75.00 fee to the Department. You will then be assigned another test.
Additional technical or exam content-related questions can be directed to DSPSCredentialingCSC@wisconsin.gov.