Now Live: Easier Online License Applications and Renewals!
LicensE is your online, self-guided occupational license application platform.
Please review the helpful links below:
- Find step-by-step instruction for license renewal here.
- Find a list of license renewals available via LicensE in the chart on the LicensE Customer Information page.
- Find all licenses available via LicensE, plus user guides and other resources, on the LicensE Customer Information page.
- Anyone applying for an initial license for any of the credentials listed can apply at license.wi.gov.
Our LicensE Application Status Lookup tool makes it easier for employees, and helps academic advisors support students during the license application process. To access the Application Status Lookup tool, you will need the applicant's 10-digit PAR number. An applicant may provide the number to anyone who could support their application. Find more information in our news release about this tool.
Wis. Stat. § 440.08(2), the required renewal date for the Prevention Specialist In Training credential is 02/28/ each odd-numbered year. Should you receive your initial credential in the months leading up to this date, you are still required to renew your license by the statutorily defined date. Note: Per Wis. Stat. § 440.88(4), renewal of certification as a prevention specialist-in-training may be made only twice.
2017 Wisconsin Act 262, as of May 1, 2018, the requirements to obtain a Prevention Specialist in-training credential have changed.
Must complete 40 hours of approved education, including five (5) hours specific to ethics in the following content areas:
- Planning and evaluation
- Prevention education and service delivery
- Community organization
- Public policy and environmental change
- Professional growth and responsibility
Application for Licensure
2745||Credentialing Information for Prevention Specialist In Training Applicants |
|3217||Application for Fee Reduction (If applying for a fee reduction, this form must accompany the LicensE application for the credential.)|
2781||Education and Training Form |
||Malpractice Suits or Claims Form (if applicable)|
3085||Application for Predetermination (Optional-Submit ONLY if you have been convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, or other violations of federal or state law in this state or any other and you desire a review of your conviction record before applying for a credential.)|
2252||Convictions and Pending Charges (if applicable)|