- FEE (See Renewal Dates and Fees)
- SIG (Signature regarding previous arrests/convictions and/or pending charges.)
- CIB (Criminal Background Check to be run by Department.)
- AGY (You must be employed by a licensed agency to renew this credential.)
- If your legal status as a qualified alien or nonimmigrant lawfully present in the United States has changed since the issuance of your credential or your last renewal, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services at (608)
Please note the following information in regards to all background checks (CIBs) required for your license renewal. Please allow 7-10 business days, during the open renewal period, for completion of all CIB requirements.
- Online Log In:
License Renewal Online
- Request a Paper Renewal Form: (888) 506‑4239 or (608) 261‑4460 for the Madison area
|RDAF||Renewal Dates and Fees|
|2825||Renewal addendum to be used for renewal in lieu of specific individual renewal notices.|
|1329||Notice of Employment or Transfer of Private Detective Licenses ONLY. (This form is required for any private detective licenses that are being transferred to a new or different agency. There is an additional $10.00 fee associated with this service which is required for any private detective license transfer of employment.)|
|R210||Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension|
Wisconsin Act 210 (effective June 1, 2012)
This Act extends the license of a service member if the license expires while they are on active duty from 90 days to 180 days from the date of discharge. The same applies to a spouse of a service member if the spouse does not practice under their license while the service member is on active duty and does not practice because the service member is on active duty.
This Act repeals a provision of prior law that required a service member to meet all of the requirements for license extension or renewal, except for continuing education requirements, in order to have the license extended.
Service members and spouses may request extensions of licenses beyond 180 days from discharge and may request a waiver or extension of time to complete continuing education requirements due to hardship. Please view Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension Form #R210.