- FEE (See Renewal Dates and Fees)
- SIG (signature attesting to having reviewed the
Digest detailing changes brought forth by Act 81)
- If your legal status as a qualified alien or nonimmigrant lawfully present in the United States has changed since the issuance of your credential or your last renewal, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services at (608)
Inactive 454 Status
If you do not intend to practice and want your license to be placed on
Inactive 454 Status per Wis. Stat. § 454.06(8m) and 454.23(6), you can partially renew online. If your license status is
already Inactive 454, you can complete the renewal online, up to the payment. Do not pay online. Follow instructions given during the renewal process.
If you do not complete the renewal for this Inactive 454 status online, you will need to email our office beginning February 10th, 2023 to request paper renewal forms:
DSPSRenewal@wisconsin.gov. You will also need to submit Form R454. Please make sure to inform staff at the Department to include an R454 Form for you to complete or you can print it from the website.
- Your license status must be in good standing before being placed on Inactive Status.
- The 2023 renewal fee is prorated to $5.50 for Inactive Status.
|Inactive454 Status Renewal Addendum
|Renewal Dates and Fees
Wisconsin Act 210 (effective June 1, 2012)
This Act extends the license of a service member if the license expires while they are on active duty from 90 days to 180 days from the date of discharge. The same applies to a spouse of a service member if the spouse does not practice under their license while the service member is on active duty and does not practice because the service member is on active duty.
This Act repeals a provision of prior law that required a service member to meet all of the requirements for license extension or renewal, except for continuing education requirements, in order to have the license extended.
Service members and spouses may request extensions of licenses beyond 180 days from discharge and may request a waiver or extension of time to complete continuing education requirements due to hardship. Please view Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension Form R210 for further information.