Anesthesiologist Assistant

Now Live: Easier Online License Applications and ​Renewals!

​LicensE is your online, self-guided occupational license application platform. 

Please review the helpful links below:

  • Find step-by-step instruction for license renewal here.
  • Find a list of license renewals available via LicensE in the chart on the LicensE Customer Information page.
  • Find all licenses available via LicensE, plus user guides and other resources, on the LicensE Customer Information page.
  • Anyone applying for an initial license for any of the credentials listed can apply at

Our LicensE Application Status Lookup tool makes it easier for employees, and helps academic advisors support students during the license application process. To access the Application Status Lookup tool, you will need the applicant's 10-digit PAR number. An applicant may provide the number to anyone who could support their application. Find more information in our news release about this tool. ​​

​​License Information

​Per Wis. Stat. §​ 440.08(2), the required renewal date for the Anesthesiologist Assistant credential is September 30th of each even-numbered year.  Should you receive your initial credential in the months leading up to this date, you are still required to renew your license by the statutorily defined date.

Licensure is required for any person who practices as an anesthesiologist assistant, who holds themselves out as one authorized to practice as an anesthesiologist assistant or who uses the letters “A.A.” or any other designation that tends to represent the person as an anesthesiologist assistant.

Temporary Licensure

Temporary licenses are available to applicants who are eligible to take, but have not passed, the national exam. The Board may grant a temporary license once the application for licensure, Form 2979, Request for a Temporary License for Anesthesiologist Assistant, and fees are submitted via LicensE​ and received by the Department. .

A temporary license expires on the date on which the board grants or denies an applicant permanent licensure or on the date of the next regularly scheduled examination required under Wis. Stat. § 448.05(6) if the applicant is required to take, but has failed to apply for, the examination.

Pre-Credential Education Information

A bachelor’s degree and satisfactory completion of an anesthesiologist assistant program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (or by a predecessor or successor entity).

Application for Licensure

2976Credentialing Information for Anesthesiologist Assistant Applicants
​Application for Fee Reduction (Optional - If applying for a fee reduction Form 3217 must accompany the credential application.)
2977Anesthesiologist Assistant Certificate of Professional Education
2975Request for National Examination Scores
​2979Request for Temporary License for Anesthesiologist Assistant
2829Malpractice Suits or Claims Form (if applicable)
3085​Application for Predetermination (Optional-Submit ONLY if you have been convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, or other violations of federal or state law in this state or any other and you desire a review of your conviction record before applying for a credential.)​
2252​Convictions and Pending Charges (if applicable)

Renewal Information


  • FEE (See Renewal Dates and Fees)
  • NTL (Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants)
  • If your legal status as a qualified alien or nonimmigrant lawfully present in the United States has changed since the issuance of your credential or your last renewal, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services at (608) 266-2112 or

Renewal Method​

RDAFRenewal Dates and Fees
​Convictions and Pending Charges (if applicable for renewal)
R210Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension

Wisconsin Act 210 (effective June 1, 2012)

This Act extends the license of a service member if the license expires while they are on active duty from 90 days to 180 days from the date of discharge. The same applies to a spouse of a service member if the spouse does not practice under their license while the service member is on active duty and does not practice because the service member is on active duty.

This Act repeals a provision of prior law that required a service member to meet all of the requirements for license extension or renewal, except for continuing education requirements, in order to have the license extended.

Service members and spouses may request extensions of licenses beyond 180 days from discharge and may request a waiver or extension of time to complete continuing education requirements due to hardship. Please view Active Duty/Discharge​ Renewal Extension Form R2​10 for further information.