- FEE (See Renewal Dates and Fees)
- SIG (Signature regarding current malpractice insurance)
- SVY (Nursing Workforce Survey is required to renew and is available during the open renewal period.) (After this time frame, the survey is shortened and incorporated into the renewal questions.*-Please see below.)
- RES (Report state of Primary Residency)
- If your legal status as a qualified alien or nonimmigrant lawfully present in the United States has changed since the issuance of your credential or your last renewal, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services at (608) 266-2112 or
*On November 14, 2013, the Wisconsin Board of Nursing moved to allow the DSPS and the DWD to accept a shortened version of the survey outside of the active renewal cycle, which begins 7-8 weeks prior to the renewal deadline. After the renewal deadline, licensees will need to complete the shortened survey to fulfill the renewal requirements. The shortened version of the survey will be incorporated into the renewal questions and will not be provided as a separate link.
Wisconsin is a member of the Nurse Licensure Compact, please visit the NCSBN website for more details.
If you also hold a Wisconsin Registered Nurse license, renewing the Nurse Midwife license will automatically renew your Registered Nurse license, unless you are a Primary Resident of another Compact State.
|RDAF||Renewal Dates and Fees|
|R210||Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension|
Wisconsin Act 210 (effective June 1, 2012)
This Act extends the license of a service member if the license expires while they are on active duty from 90 days to 180 days from the date of discharge. The same applies to a spouse of a service member if the spouse does not practice under their license while the service member is on active duty and does not practice because the service member is on active duty.
This Act repeals a provision of prior law that required a service member to meet all of the requirements for license extension or renewal, except for continuing education requirements, in order to have the license extended.
Service members and spouses may request extensions of licenses beyond 180 days from discharge and may request a waiver or extension of time to complete continuing education requirements due to hardship. Please view Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension Form #R210.