Anthem College

​​​​​​Information Pertaining to the Closure of Anthem College - Brookfield, Wisconsin

Transcript Information

Students and past graduates of Anthem College-Brookfield can access their records or obtain an official transcript by submitting a Student Record Request Form to the EAP.​

To obtain an official copy of a student transcript or record, submit a Student Record Request Form(90 KB) or letter providing the name of the school, your name and any other name used at the time the school was attended, last four digits of the social security number, date of birth, current address, and the complete name and address where transcripts/records should be sent. Requests must be made by mail to the following address. No facsimiles or e-mails will be accepted. There is a $10.00 fee for each transcript/record. Checks should be made payable to the Educational Approval Program. Payment must accompany request.


Educational Approval Program

Attn: Transcript Requests

P.O. Box 8366,

Madison, WI 53708-8366​

FedEx or UPS

4822 Madison Yards Way, 3rd Floor

Attn: Educational Approval Program

Madison, WI 53705​

If you attended a different Anthem campus, or were not a Wisconsin resident, it may be possible to access records from the Anthem College website. Students who have submitted a request for your transcript and haven't received it within 3 weeks should contact the EAP.

Federal Loan Discharge Information

If you did not continue your education and did not transfer your credits to another school you may qualify for a loan discharge. In order to determine this, you need to determine your service provider. This can be found at the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) website. Once you know who is servicing your loan, you can contact them directly.  Contact information for two of the most commonly used companies is provided below.

Great Lakes: 800-236-4300
Navient (formerly Sallie Mae): 800-722-1300

Please note: The EAP has received reports that some students have been receiving mail and/or email from a variety of sources offering to assist you in discharging your loans. Please be aware that many of these are fee-based services and are not necessary to pursue a discharge.

Federal Discharge Criteria

You may be eligible for a 100% discharge of your Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, or Federal Perkins Loans under either of these circumstances:

  • Your school closes while you're enrolled, and you do not complete your program because of the closure. If you were on an approved leave of absence, you are considered to have been enrolled at the school.
  • Your school closes within 120 days after you withdraw.

You are not eligible for discharge of your loans if your school closes and any of the following is true:

  • You withdraw more than 120 days before the school closes.
  • You are completing a comparable educational program at another school
    • - through a teach-out agreement with the school,
      - by transferring academic credits or hours earned at the closed school to another school,
      - or by any other comparable means.

If your loan is discharged and you complete a comparable program at another school through any means by which you benefit from the training provided by the closed school, you might have to pay back the amount that was discharged.

  • You have completed all the coursework for the program, even if you have not received a diploma or certificate.

To summarize: You are not eligible for a discharge if you are completing a teach-out agreement or otherwise benefiting from the credits earned at the closed school.

Additional information regarding closed school discharges is available from the U.S. Department of Education​.

Students with Loans Serviced or Held by Tuition Options

If you had a loan through Tuition Options at the time of closing, and did not transfer to another institution or were not part of the teach-out at Milwaukee Career College, please contact the EAP at or at (608) 266-2112​.

Important Notice

If you are a resident of the State of Wisconsin and atte​nded the Brookfield, Wisconsin campus and have additional questions, please contact the State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Program at (608) 266-1996. Anthem students from all other states, please contact your state agency for information. A list of contacts for other states can be found at be found from the National Association ​of State Administrators and ​Supervisors of Private Schools​ (NASASPS).