2017 Wisconsin Act 59 transferred the duties of the Educational Approval Program (EAP) to DSPS. Any related questions may be sent to
Welcome to the EAP
The Educational Approval Program, formerly the Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (EAB), is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Evaluating and approving private trade, technical, career, distance learning, and degree-granting schools.
- Collecting and disseminating student outcome and satisfaction information from schools.
- Performing annual reviews of schools.
- Conducting regular on−site evaluations of schools.
- Holding schools accountable for improving their performance and effectiveness.
- Supporting options for innovative and quality programs offered by schools.
Information about the types of institutions the EAP does not regulate is available from a listing of
Our Mission Statement
To protect Wisconsin's consumers and support quality educational options.
Strategic Values & Goals
- Assure Wisconsin consumers that EAP-approved schools are well run, educationally sound, and financially stable.
- Protect consumers and help schools through regulatory enforcement and processes that are reasonable, consistent, firm, fair, and timely.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the private postsecondary education sector by supporting the success of students and schools.
- Regularly update and/or revise applicable statutes, administrative rules, and oversight policies and procedures to reflect changes in the career education sector.