This page is intended to describe the Educational Approval Program (EAP) and what it does. It does not supersede statutes or administrative rules in defining the roles and responsibilities of the DSPS and the EAP.
Welcome to the EAP
The Educational Approval Program, formerly the Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (EAB), is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Evaluating and approving private trade, technical, career, distance learning, and degree-granting schools.
- Collecting and disseminating student outcome and satisfaction information from schools.
- Performing annual reviews of schools.
- Conducting regular on−site evaluations of schools.
- Holding schools accountable for improving their performance and effectiveness.
- Supporting options for innovative and quality programs offered by schools.
Information about the types of institutions the EAP does not regulate is available from a listing of
Our Mission Statement
To protect Wisconsin's consumers and support quality educational options.
Strategic Values & Goals
- Assure Wisconsin consumers that EAP-approved schools are well run, educationally sound, and financially stable.
- Protect consumers and help schools through regulatory enforcement and processes that are reasonable, consistent, firm, fair, and timely.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the private postsecondary education sector by supporting the success of students and schools.
- Regularly update and/or revise applicable statutes, administrative rules, and oversight policies and procedures to reflect changes in the career education sector.
General questions and information about the EAP should be directed to:
Educational Approval Program - Department of Safety and Professional Services
4822 Madison Yards Way
Madison, WI 53705
Phone: (608) 266-2112, ext. 5, ext. 2
Fax: (608) 264-8477
Need to send mail to the EAP? Please send your mail to:
Educational Approval Program
P.O. Box 8366
Madison, WI 53708-8366
FedEx or UPS
4822 Madison Yards Way, 3rd Floor
Attn: Educational Approval Program
Madison, WI 53705