Information Pertaining to the Closure of Everest College
The following information is being provided to students affected by the closure of Everest College, which was owned and operated by Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
U.S. Department of Education contains important information for former students of Everest College.
Students who attended Everest College located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin can request their transcripts from the Educational Approval Program by mailing a Student Records Request form with accompanying fee to the following address:
Educational Approval Program
P.O. Box 8366
Madison, WI 53708-8366
FedEx or UPS
4822 Madison Yards Way, 3rd Floor
Attn: Educational Approval Program
Madison, WI 53705
More information about requesting transcripts can be found on our transcripts page.
Borrower Defense to Repayment
Students who believe they were defrauded by their school or that their school violated state law may be eligible for loan discharge. The law requires borrowers to submit a claim in order to receive debt relief. Details on the Act and the process for submitting a claim are laid out on the
federal government’s student aid website.
As the website notes, students making claims need to include details about the conduct of the school that the borrower believes violated state law including, but not limited to the following:
- The state and applicable law or cause of action (if available).
- Specific acts (including failures to act) of alleged misconduct by the school.
- How the alleged misconduct affected the borrower’s decision to attend the school and take out a loan to pay to attend the school.
- The injury suffered by the borrower as a result of the school’s alleged misconduct.
- Any other supporting information that would help the U.S. Department of Education review the borrower’s claim.
Some students work with an attorney to file a claim, but this is not a requirement. Students considering filing a claim may wish to call the federal government’s borrower defense hotline at (855) 279-6207. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) to access student loan information and to discuss one’s situation and whether one may qualify for forgiveness of student debt. Questions about borrower defense may also be
emailed to FSA Operations.