Now Live: Easier Online License Applications and ​Renewals!

​LicensE is your online, self-guided occupational license application platform. 

Please review the helpful links below:

  • Find step-by-step instruction for license renewal here.
  • Find a list of license renewals available via LicensE in the chart on the LicensE Customer Information page.
  • Find all licenses available via LicensE, plus user guides and other resources, on the LicensE Customer Information page.
  • Anyone applying for an initial license for any of the credentials listed can apply at

Our LicensE Application Status Lookup tool makes it easier for employees, and helps academic advisors support students during the license application process. To access the Application Status Lookup tool, you will need the applicant's 10-digit PAR number. An applicant may provide the number to anyone who could support their application. Find more information in our news release about this tool. ​​

License Information

Per Wis. Stat. § 440.08(2), the required renewal date for the Audiologist credential is 01/31/ each odd-numbered year. Should you receive your initial credential in the months leading up to this date, you are still required to renew your license by the statutorily defined date.

Temporary License

A temporary license may be granted to an applicant who has received their Au.D degree and need to schedule for the next available Audiology Practical Exam.

Temporary license may be issued for a period not to exceed 12 months and may be renewed once for 12 months or longer, at the discretion of the Hearing and Speech Examining Board, if the applicant fails an examination for Audiologist licensure under Wis. Stat. § 459.26(2)(a) or (b), and applies to take the next available examination, or if the applicant shows, to the satisfaction of the Board, sufficient cause for the renewal.

Pre-Credential Education Information

An applicant must submit evidence satisfactory to the board that he or she has satisfied one of the following:

  1. A doctoral degree in audiology from an accredited academic institution approved by the examining board by rule (Wis. Admin. Code § HAS6.04(5)). The doctoral degree program must consist of not less than 3 years of educational course work and not less than 12 months of clinical rotation or externship, or​​​

  2. Completion of education or training that the examining board determines is substantially equivalent to the requirements in Item 1 above.​​
Reciprocity Information (Applicants who have a current license to practice audiology in good standing in another state or territory of the United States may wish to apply via reciprocity, Wis. Admin. Code § HAS 6.07(2)​​.)

Application for Licensure

1986Credentialing Information for Audiology Applicants​​
​Application for Fee Reduction (Optional - If applying for a fee reduction, this form must accompany the credential​ application.)
1985Audiologist Certificate of Professional Education (This form needs to be completed by your school.)
1980Temporary License Request to Practice Audiology
1977Request for Verification of Certification (Complete this form and forward to the American-Speech-Language Hearing Association.)
2829Malpractice Suits or Claims Form (if applicable)
3085​Application for Predetermination (Optional-Submit ONLY if you have been convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, or other violations of federal or state law in this state or any other and you desire a review of your conviction record before applying for a credential.)​
2252​Convictions and Pending Charges (if applicable) 

Renewal Information


  • FEE (See Renewal Dates and Fees)
  • SIG (Signature regarding the completion of Continuing Education, included in online renewal. See Continuing Education Information for details.)
  • If your legal status as a qualified alien or nonimmigrant lawfully present in the United States has changed since the issuance of your credential or your last renewal, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services at (608) 266-2112 or

Renewal Method​

RDAFRenewal Dates and Fees
​Convictions and Pending Charges (if applicable for renewal)
R210Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension​

Wisconsin Act 210 (effective June 1, 2012)

This Act extends the license of a service member if the license expires while they are on active duty from 90 days to 180 days from the date of discharge. The same applies to a spouse of a service member if the spouse does not practice under their license while the service member is on active duty and does not practice because the service member is on active duty.

This Act repeals a provision of prior law that required a service member to meet all of the requirements for license extension or renewal, except for continuing education requirements, in order to have the license extended.

Service members and spouses may request extensions of licenses be yond 180 days from discharge and may request a waiver or extension of time to complete continuing education requirements due to hardship. Please view Active Duty/Discharge Renewal Extension​ Form R210 for further information.