1. Start at the
Plan Review page for information about the types of plan reviews required and how to submit. Also check the
Delegated Agent List to see if you can submit your plan review to the local municipality in lieu of DIS.
2. Tables SPS 382.20-1 and 382.20-2 list the systems and fixtures requiring plan review. An important criteria is that when 16 or more plumbing fixtures are being newly installed or affected by alterations and additions, plumbing plan review is probably needed.
- Any public building in which more than 16 fixtures are being installed or remodeled needs plan review.
- There are individual fixtures that at times need plan review.
- A rental property that has three or more dwelling is subject to review.
Mobile Home Parks
DIS administers water and sewer service provided in a mobile home park. Pre-installation plan review of
the water and sewer systems in the park is done as a plumbing system plan review.
Cross Connection Control (CCC)
Review of a CCC devices is required when the device is part of an overall plan review. Review of an
individual device is required in health care facilities. In other cases, registration of the device is required.
See SPS 382.20.
3. Use the instructions and guidance documents on the eSLA Support page to establish your eSLA login profile and navigate the application process.
4. Be sure to include the following documentation in your submittal. Use the Plumbing Checklist to ensure all required information is included.
- Plan index.
Plot/site plan showing size and pitch of sanitary sewer(s), storm sewer(s), and water service(s).
Exterior storm, submit appropriate architectural roof drainage plans, site grade run off plans and contour lines showing what is drained to the plumbing system. Show all pipe sizes and discharge rates after every inlet. See the Stormwater Plumbing System Plan Submittal Checklist.
- Floor plan showing horizontal drains, water distribution lines, and all fixtures and equipment to be installed.
- 30/60 isometric diagrams of the drain, vent, water distribution, interior and exterior storm systems. Indicate water supply, drainage fixture units, and storm area drainage with gpm loads with each change in pipe diameter.
- Complete water calculations in accord with SPS 382.40 (7). Links below for instructions and form. See Water Calculation Worksheet and Worksheet Instructions.
- Complete storm drain sizing calculations in accordance with SPS 382.36 (5).
- Remodeling or additions shall include existing loads.
- All plans must be properly signed per SPS 382.20 (4)(c).
- For water re-use submittals include information requested in the product approval.
- List fixture and plumbing appliance manufacturers, and model numbers.
- Cut sheets or shop drawings of all fixtures and health care appliances located within a health care facility. Provide product approval letters for each health care appliance. Approved plumbing products can be found on the Public Lookup Site.
- Fixtures which require water or waste connections may need product approval.
- Complete sizing calculations for all grease interceptors.
- Identify specific materials for installations as listed in SPS 384.
- Signed Plumbing Checklist.
Plans shall be legible and pertinent to only plumbing installations. Plans are required to be submitted in
a single PDF under the "Submit Plan Building Specific" attachment in the application.
All supporting documents such as, but not limited to: water distribution sizing calculations; fixture or
piping specifications; soil and site evaluation form; and required signed submitter's checklist shall be
provided under the “Additional Supporting Documentation” attachment in the application.
5. Start your plan review application on the