Now Live: Easier Online License Applications and Renewals!
LicensE is your online, self-guided occupational license application platform.
Please review the helpful links below:
- Find step-by-step instruction for license renewal here.
- Find a list of license renewals available via LicensE in the chart on the LicensE Customer Information page.
- Find all licenses available via LicensE, plus user guides and other resources, on the LicensE Customer Information page.
- Anyone applying for an initial license for any of the credentials listed can apply at license.wi.gov.
Our LicensE Application Status Lookup tool makes it easier for employees, and helps academic advisors support students during the license application process. To access the Application Status Lookup tool, you will need the applicant's 10-digit PAR number. An applicant may provide the number to anyone who could support their application. Find more information in our news release about this tool.
Temporary Act 10 Credential
A health care provider credentialed in good standing in another state may apply for a temporary credential to provide services in Wisconsin while a Wisconsin application for a permanent credential is pending. See information sheet 2021-A101, Form 2021-A102: Health Care Employer Notification, and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for further details.
Wis. Stat. § 440.08(2), the required renewal date for the Occupational Therapist credential is 05/31/ each odd-numbered year. Should you receive your initial credential in the months leading up to this date, you are still required to renew your license by the statutorily defined date.
An applicant for permanent licensure may apply for a temporary certificate at the same time but must pay both fees and meet the following conditions:
- Be a graduate of an approved school and be scheduled to take the national certification examination or be awaiting examination results.
- Practice during the period of the temporary certificate shall be in consultation, at least monthly, with an occupational therapist who shall at least once each month endorse the activities of the person holding the temporary certificate.
Pre-Credential Education Information
Successfully complete the academic requirements and supervised internship of an accredited educational program in occupational therapy.
Certification by the
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
Late Renewal Applicants (Wisconsin license expired more than 5 years)
Must submit application with appropriate fees and supporting documents, including proof of continuing education
Application for Licensure
||Credentialing Information for Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant Applicants|
|3217||Application for Fee Reduction (Optional - If applying for a fee reduction, this form must accompany the credential application.)|
1570||Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant Certificate of Professional Education (This form must come directly from your school.)|
|1572 ||Request for Temporary License for Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant |
||Malpractice Suits or Claims Form (if applicable)|
3085||Application for Predetermination (Optional-Submit ONLY if you have been convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, or other violations of federal or state law in this state or any other and you desire a review of your conviction record before applying for a credential.)|
||Convictions and Pending Charges (if applicable)|