- Mail Renewal Reminder/Application to:
Department of Safety and Professional Services
Trades Credentialing Unit
PO Box 78780
Milwaukee, WI 53293-0780
If you have questions regarding your renewal, please email
When mailing your renewal, please allow up to 21 calendar days [per
Wis. Admin. Code SPS 305.04 (1)] from the date your payment is processed to receive an update regarding your renewal.
Getting Certified to Work with Lead Based Paint
Training and certification are required for professionals who offer or conduct regulated lead-based paint activities in pre-1978 housing and child-occupied facilities. These activities include:
- Abatement of Lead Hazards
- Lead Testing, Inspection, and Risk Assessment
- Most paint-disturbing renovation work (for example, replacing windows, scraping paint prior to re-painting)
- Post renovation and post-abatement clearance (including dust wipe sampling to measure lead dust left behind)
By getting certified and working safely, you protect your own and others' health, and show professional responsibility. For more information about certification, visit the
Wisconsin Department of Health Services website.